The Soft Fruit Sub-committee winter meeting was held at SCRI (now part of the James Hutton Institute) on Wednesday 17 February 2010. The following speakers gave presentations which are available below.
- PDF file: Nikki Jennings, MRS – New developments in the Scottish raspberry breeding programme (687 KB)
- PDF file: Ron Wheatley, SCRI – Using quality green composts to improve yields and reduce inputs (593 KB)
- PDF file: David Cooke, SCRI – How much of a threat is Phytophthora idaei to the raspberry industry? (1.55 MB)
- PDF file: Julie Graham and Susan McCallum, SCRI – Developing Blueberries for UK production (703 KB)
A range of poster presentations featuring current work at SCRI were also available.
- PDF file: Profiling of phenols in human faecal water after raspberry supplementation – Gordon McDougall, Chris Gill, Sheila Glidewell, Derek Stewart, Emma Coates, Jennifer Pearson, Qing Shen, Kieran Tuohy, Adele Boyd, Sumato Haldar and Ian Rowland (1.14 MB)
- PDF file: Berry Polyphenols: Bioactivities and Health Benefits – Gordon McDougall and Derek Stewart (5.53 MB)
- PDF file: Sustainable IPM and pesticide reductions for Scottish soft fruit – Nick Birch (1.49 MB)
- PDF file: Profiling of raspberry cane wound volatiles using a combination of SPME and GC-TOF-MS – Tom Shepherd, Nick Birch, Chris Jorna, Carolyn Mitchell, Jerry Cross, David Hall and Dudley Farman (3.69 MB)
- PDF file: Are polyphenols viable targets for soft fruit plant breeding?: a model study with blackcurrant – Ilka N. Abreu, Eapem Kanichukattu, Sandra Gordon, Rex Brennan, Derek Stewart (107 KB)
- PDF file: Molecular detection of raspberry viruses – Wendy McGavin, Carolyn Mitchell and Stuart MacFarlane (1.47 MB)
- PDF file: Developing molecular markers for quality traits in red raspberry – Susan McCallum, Kay Smith, Mary Woodhead, Christine Hackett, Alistair Paterson and Julie Graham (961 KB)