The winter 2009 meeting of the Soft Fruit Sub-committee was held at SCRI on Wednesday 25 February 2009.
The speakers were as follows.
- Richard Meredith, Bayer - 91/414 revisions - what can be concluded so far
- Peter Thomson, Thomas Thomson (Blairgowrie) Ltd - The future of soft fruit growing after useful pesticides are withdrawn
- Nick Birch, SCRI - From chemical ecology to practical application for soft fruit growers in the EU and beyond
- Carolyn Mitchell, SCRI - Improving management of leaf and bud mite in raspberry
A range of poster presentations were given following the speakers.
- PDF file: Does mother know best? Oviposition by the vine weevil (Otiorhynchus sulcatus) in relation to offspring performance on red raspberry (Rubus spp.) cultivars - Katy E. Clark, Susan E. Hartley and Scott N. Johnson (481 KB)
- PDF file: Protected cropping in raspberry accelerates onset of oviposition in vine weevil - Scott N. Johnson, Katherine E. Clark, Carolyn Mitchell, Sebastién Petitjean (170 KB)
- Genome activation by Raspberry bushy dwarf virus coat protein - Stuart A. MacFarlane and Wendy J. McGavin
- Berry Polyphenols: Bioactivities and Health Benefits - Gordon J. McDougall and Derek Stewart
- Are female raspberry cane midges attracted by wound volatiles to cane split - Carolyn Mitchell, Tom Shepherd, Nick Birch, Stuart Gordon, Jerry Cross and David Hall
- Cooperation between plant enemies - do raspberry viruses attract more aphid vectors? - Lindsay S. McMenemy, Stuart MacFarlane, Susan E. Hartley and Scott N. Johnson