The SSCR Combinable and Energy Crops Committee held its biennial conference, in conjunction with SAC, SNH, SCRI and Crops/Farmers Weekly, on 17 February 2009.
Entitled ‘Farming in Tough Times’ the conference; held at the SNH Conference Centre, Battleby, Perthshire, featured the following speakers.
- Challenges for Crop Production: A Global Perspective
Peter Gregory, SCRI
- Soil quality and minimum tillage
Bruce Ball, SAC Edinburgh and Blair McKenzie, SCRI
- Precision Farming and the potential to save costs
Tommy Clark, Kerchesters, Kelso
- Non Food Crop and Bioenergy Opportunities
Elaine Booth, SAC Aberdeen
- Optimising your inputs in 2009
Keith Dawson, SAC
- Exploiting diversity in cereal production
Adrian Newton, SCRI
The abstracts from each of the speakers can be found below.