The Scottish Society for Crop Research (SSCR) is holding their 2021 Potato Winter Meeting as an online event.
The meeting is open to anyone in the potato industry and other interested parties, but registration is essential.
Programme - 4 March 2021
- 10:00 Welcome and introduction
Euan Grewar, Grewar Farming and Chair of the Potato Sub-Committee
- 10:10 SSCR Centenary
Colin Campbell, Chief Executive, James Hutton Institute
- 10:25 SSCR funded project - cultivar resistance to changing P. infestans populations
James Lynott, James Hutton Institute
- 10:40 SSCR funded project - effect of haulm pulling on blackleg in subsequent crops
Kyran Maloney, SAC Consulting
- 10:55 Strategies to tackle PCN in Scotland – feedback from the SG working group
Ian Toth, James Hutton Institute
- 11:10 Experiences of an Egyptian seed importer (title tbc)
Amr Hegazy, Agrofood, Egypt
- 11:25 The way forward for sustainable potato production
Colin Herron or McCain colleague (tbc)
- 11:40 Angus City Deal and Centre Agricultural Science & Innovation (CASI)
Archie Gibson, Agrico
- 11:55 Roundup and close
If you wish to attend, please register by emailing Jennie.Brierley@hutton.ac.uk by 26th February 2021.
Details on how to join the meeting will be emailed directly to those registered nearer the time.